Monday, December 5, 2016

Autumn scenery of Tofuku-ji Temple,Kyoto 2016 December

 
Last Sunday,I visited Tofuku-ji Temple,Kyoto.
First, I thought that autumn leaves might already be over there,I missed the time,
but it was all in my mind.
Fortunately they showed us beautiful colored lealves,even now.
 
If you 're planning to visit Kyoto in autumn, (from the end of November to the beginning of Descember),
Tofuku-ji Temple is must-see place.
The beauty of the garden deserves a special mention.
 
 
 
This garden is called "Ikimatsu-no-niwa" (依稀松の庭)
 It is named "kusen-hakkai no niwa" (nine mountains,eight seas garden) (九山八海の庭).
Eight seas and nine mountains surrounds Mt.Sumeru.
Please look at the stone,center of this garden,
it symbolizes Mt.Sumenu.It is related to Buddhism.
 
 
There was a little park of maple trees,
I was glad to be there! It was so beautiful.


The name of this temple is Aizen-do.
It was built about 700 years ago.(Nanboku-cho era)
It enshrines Aizen-myouou (ragaraja).
Next time I'll apload the remaining photos.
 

2 comments:

  1. You were so lucky to see the beautiful colors of the leaves there, Kumiko! It surely was a nice day for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you,Traveling Hawk!
      Yeah,it was nicer than I expected.Never did I think that I could see such a nice sceneries.
      I'm happy if you like these sceneries :)

      Delete